10.03.2008

The frivelous post

I need to post about something fairly meaningless today. So here goes....

Over the past 2-3 years I have noticed a disturbing trend in my neighborhood: People are full-on decorating their houses for Halloween! Now don't get me wrong, I love trick-or-treating and all that jazz, but 3 immediate neighbors of mine have gone through the trouble of lining their homes' profiles with orange lights and then putting giant inflatables on their front lawns. The inflatables I can wrap my mind around pretty well, but lights, people?! Lights?! For Halloween?! Am I making my disbelief clear?

How do these people find the time and inclination to put this much effort into what is a fun, but minor, holiday? And yes, what ticks me off the most is that it makes my house look like a dark piece of crap. The only Halloween decorations we have up so far are some real-life cobwebs in the shrubs out front. Thank goodness for Mother Nature or we'd fall even further behind the Joneses.

Gotta go. I'm off to find some yard decorations for Columbus Day. Ha.

No comments: