10.07.2008

Tip #2 for working moms

Before I start tip #2 for working moms, let me be clear: These are going to be suggestions to do fairly obvious things. But when you're really sleep deprived and are juggling two full-time jobs--parenting and earning a paycheck--the obvious can rush right past you without you noticing more than a rush of wind.

If you have an infant, you can try putting him or her into tomorrow's clothes tonight so you just have to change a dipe in the morning, not start from scratch with a complete clothing change. If, in the worst-case scenario, there has been a diaper leakage or blowout, you do have to start from scratch. But if there hasn't been, you just saved yourself a few minutes, and your bambino is still comfy in his or her already-warmed outfit.

I've heard of people trying this with older children, and if it works, good for them. I just think babies are ideal candidates since they don't look like a slouch lying around all day in a footie sleeper that's equally comfortable to sleep in at night. I'd be hesitant to put my almost-4-year-old son into his daytime clothes at night because jeans or slacks and a t-shirt are not totally snooze-inducing. I don't wanna make one of my kids uncomfortable just to shave a little time and stress off our nutso mornings. Which, by the way, start at 5am. And that should be illegal.

No comments: