7.05.2008

Parenthood requires heavy lifting

Literally: I have chronic back and neck problems from carrying around "baby" Henry, who weighs in at close to 22lbs just shy of his first b'day (July 11) and probably away from taking his first steps. If he takes too long, I'm going to need physical therapy and lots of ibuprofen.

Figuratively: I'm often worn out by the psychological and physical demands of being a working mom. I make sure we all eat food, wear (clean!) clothes, feed the dogs, buy gifts for people, make it to those people's special events, get to the dr when needed, live in a house that L&I won't condemn, etc., all while striving to be an exemplary employee at a job that I love and living off the same too-little sleep that most parents get.

1 comment:

TallGirlsAdventures said...

how bout a chiropractor for your back and neck? i was totally opposed to chiro until i tried it this winter, and now i'm a believer. call me if you want my doc's number.

which reminds me, i need to schedule an appt b/c of this chronic ache in my lower back. i'll try to squeeze it in between pediatrician appts and work meetings. :)